Think Tank NTG is looking for a Field Tech who is an A player with a solid knowledge of the IT industry. If you enjoy team comradery and have excellent interpersonal skills, you may be the ideal candidate for our Field Tech position working out of our Merrillville, Indiana office. With 30 years of history in Network Technology Solutions, we are looking for solid candidates who desire to give their best and feel appreciated and valued at the end of the workday. If you have an excellent Field Tech skill set, this may be the perfect position for you.
Professional Experience in IT required'this is not an entry-level position.
3+ years of experience and IT Certifications (ie. Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, Novell, CompTIA)
As a Think Tank Field Tech, you will:
- Be part of a team that allows you to stretch and grow your skillset and make an impact.
- Managing a diverse client base with responsibility for all IT issues.
- Provide both onsite and remote support.
- Troubleshoot all levels of computer and network problems (including servers, virtual, DR, security, etc.)
- Help design and implement IT solutions including client infrastructure, backup and DR solutions, security, etc.
- Provide long-term planning of client network needs.
- Be willing to earn and maintain additional vendor certifications.
- Implement and support cutting-edge LAN/WAN solutions for Fortune 2000 companies.
- Be given the opportunity to receive additional certification training (Microsoft, HP, Linux, Cisco, and others) in the latest technologies All team members are equipped with the opportunity to gain the necessary tools.
- Assist in building and designing the hardware materials to implement projects.
- Perform installs.
Position Requirements (including Certifications)
- Windows server configuration and troubleshooting (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare and other virtualization technology
- Knowledge of Linux a plus
- Knowledge of Mac OSx a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Exchange helpful
- Knowledge of IP networks and routing protocols
- Scripting and automation experience
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot network hardware (switches, routers, APs)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, performance monitoring, and development
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Think Tank NTG designs and implements state-of-the-art systems for local companies, K-16 Schools and Government clients in the Tri-State area.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.