Director of Membership
Summary of Duties: The Membership Director is responsible for developing and implementing membership programs designed to increase membership growth and retention for the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce. The person in this position is responsible for our annual Business Expo, attends the Expo Committee meetings and oversees the Ambassador Committee. The Membership Director will assist staff with Chamber events and programs as directed by the President & CEO.
The Membership Director may work some weekends and a non-traditional work schedule, attend conferences and or training classes in Indiana or other states. Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Calendar, Excel, Publisher)
- Self-motivate/Reliant – Works independently with minimal supervision
- Results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality customer service
- Possess excellent time management skills and is credible
- Comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people
- Team player – works well with others, supports team members
- Verbal and written Communication – Able to clearly, concisely, and accurately present information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, general business, or related field
- Previous experience working for a Chamber preferred
- Demonstrated sales experience
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer contact to achieve assigned objectives.
- Makes twenty outside sales prospective calls weekly.
- Makes thirty inside sales prospective calls weekly.
- Makes a minimum of ten retention visits weekly.
- Develop and implement innovative opportunities and promotions to increase revenue and develop strong relationships with the membership base.
- Follow-up on outstanding membership dues and report on membership to the President & CEO.
- Manage the Ambassador committee to provide innovative membership recruitment and retention programs.
- Provide new members with a strong overview of chamber programs and opportunities and assist them in creating a plan to maximize the value they receive from their chamber membership.
- Maintain and update contact management database with all prospect information.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as required by the President.
- Respond to and follow up on sales inquiries using appropriate methods.
- Work with the Ambassador Committee to develop effective sales and marketing strategies to increase market share and adapt to changing market trends.
- Schedule and update the chamber calendar for all networking events and ribbon cuttings. Work with the host to ensure their event is successful.
- Represents the Chamber in a professional manner.
- Attend and be actively involved in all Crossroads Regional Chamber events and programs.
- Exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stopping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-25lbs).
Crossroads Regional ChamberDeann Patena