Director of Special Events
The Director of Special Events is responsible for planning and executing all Chamber events including but not limited to monthly meetings and lunches, annual Gala, Corn Roast, Women’s Brunch, education-focused events, Business Excellence Awards, Business Expo, annual Golf Outing, our annual Installation and Awards meeting. Additionally, this position will oversee committees, foster strong community relations, and work with other Chamber and community partners to cultivate and advance our brand and strengthen our Chamber.
To support the vision and mission of the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce through the execution of high-quality events, maximizing the potential of commerce and community.
Duties and Expectations:
- Proactive and highly responsive to fellow staff, committee members, and all individuals involved in the event planning process
- Strong focus on building and nurturing relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact and engage multiple levels within an organization
- Manage all Chamber committees
- Solicitation of event sponsorships
- Plan and manage the Chamber’s Networking events
- Work alongside the President/ CEO
- Work with the President/ CEO to perform event-planning, new member tasks, and office duties
- Self-motivated and highly dedicated
- Must be available to attend Chamber and partner events, including outside of normal business hours
- Ability to generate revenue through the execution of high-quality events
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as CRM and mailing/list management systems
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business
Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift at least 30 pounds with availability to work evenings or weekends as needed to support special events.
Crossroads Regional ChamberDeann Patena