Youth Development Professional
Please apply online through the “Current Available Positions” at https://www.bgcgreaternwi.org/careers/. Additionally, you can apply by emailing a resumé, cover letter, and application form to email@example.com.
Job Location: Various
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and supervise purposeful and engaging programs and activities to achieve specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Establish rapport with members and provide mentoring and role modeling to assist with their leadership development, physical activity engagement and academic success.
- Develop and maintain positive climate and environment within program space.
- Promote, stimulate and engage members in activities and programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to members in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Provide direct support and guidance to youth as they develop individual goals and plans.
- Recruit and lead members in program area as well as in field trips and outings.
- Encourage emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members.
- Ensure a clean, healthy and safe program area.
- Maintain an inventory of program equipment and supplies and make requests when necessary.
- Attendance of all staff/agency meetings, as required.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Some college education preferred
- Previous experience working with youth, particularly elementary school age
- Working knowledge of youth development as well as experience with Boys & Girls Clubs preferred
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Capable of organizing and supervising members in a safe environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents, staff, volunteers and general public
- Able to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.