TradeWinds Services has a position for a driver to transport individuals with disabilities to and from the TradeWinds center and their place of employment. This is a split shift position averaging 15-20 hours, 5 days a week. Mornings from 7 am – 9 am and afternoons 3 pm – 5 pm. The right person will be responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of those individuals. It is the role of the transportation driver to ensure the most efficient and safest routes. This position requires the right person to be flexible about time and schedule changes. There is an opportunity for additional hours for events.
This person will also be responsible to:
- Ensure the vehicle has sufficient fuel
- Keep vehicle clean and free of debris
- Transport individuals to and from authorized locations only
- Operate vehicle in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; immediately reporting any traffic violations and accidents to Human Resources
- In the event of an accident, assure medical emergency procedures are followed; complete written internal incident reports as required by TradeWinds' procedure and other authorities.
- Attend and participate in centers in-service training, and other continuing education, career, and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, no suspensions within a 3-year period; high school diploma or equivalent; be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to comply with pre-hire requirements such as a background check, drug & TB test, ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community, have effective organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills. Must be able to physically move through the bus, and the center. Experience successfully working with culturally diverse populations is also desirable.
Apply online ad:
Tradewinds is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. Tradewinds does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, citizenship, national origin, disability, genetics, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military status or any federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.