SPEECH THERAPISTSPEECH THERAPISTThis is a full-time position in our Children & Adult Services departments working with other department staff including therapists, group home staff, and managers; provides guidance and reviews the work of aides, volunteers, and student interns. In addition, this position has formal supervisory responsibilities for teachers at the associate degree level.
We are seeking an individual who can communicate with parents, therapists, and other professionals; excellent writing and organizational skills; ability to work with infants, young children; ability to handle emergencies; and function independently in order to accomplish position requirements.
Position Objectives: Provides a safe, therapeutic environment that includes activities for developmentally or physically delayed children and adults in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Completes evaluation to identify needs and determine eligibility. Conducts ongoing treatment based on physician prescription and their Individual Education Plan (IEP), as applicable.
1. Speech therapy shall be performed as prescribed by the medical physician and in accordance with funding authorization.
2. Services shall include direct treatment, assessment, and documentation of services provided.
3. Speech therapist shall provide documentation, notes, reports, plans of care, and billing/invoices to the General Manager of Programs and Group Home Nursing Services for Adults residing in TradeWinds Group Homes.
4. Provide supervision of students, volunteers, associate-level staff, and aides.
5. Meet with parents, staff, service coordinators, Group Home Nurse, and/or school personnel.
6. Maintain a sanitized working environment, identifying needs and repairs, and restock supplies needed for therapy services.
Education Requirements: Masters degree in Speech Therapy. Speech/Language Pathology license (IN).
Experience Required: Minimum 3 months to 1-year experience working with typical and atypical development and special needs children and adults.
Position Reports to: General Manager of Programs/Residential
Benefits: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Sick Benefits, Short Term Disability, Paid Training, 24/7 Gym access.If interested, please apply online at
https://www.tradewindsnwi.org/careers/TradeWinds is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. TradeWinds does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, citizenship, national origin, disability, genetics, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.