Think Tank NTG is actively looking for a Systems Engineer to help troubleshoot, build-out, and maintain our ever-growing IT infrastructure business. You will be part of a team of talented engineers that work cohesively together, demonstrating superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure for our clients, and ensuring the highest levels of performance, availability, and security. Qualified systems engineers must have a solid background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
About Think Tank NTG (www.thinktankntg.com)
Since 1990, we have been providing IT business solutions to small and medium-sized businesses in the NWI/Chicagoland area and 45+ states with options such as managed services, data back-up, data recovery, help ticket support software, business communications solutions, and more. We manage all their IT services at a reasonable flat rate allowing them to focus their energies on the big picture. This also provides the peace-of-mind they need to concentrate on continued growth.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including health insurance.
Professional Experience in IT required. This is not an entry-level position
Looking for 5+ years of experience and IT Certifications (such as Microsoft, Linux, Cisco)
- Windows server configuration and troubleshooting (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare and other virtualization technology
- Knowledge of Linux a plus
- Knowledge of Exchange and Microsoft 365 helpful
- Knowledge of IP networks and routing protocols
- Scripting and automation experience
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot network hardware (switches, routers, APs)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, performance monitoring, and development
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Managing a diverse client base with responsibly for all IT issues
- Provide both onsite and remote support
- Troubleshooting of all levels of computer and network problems (including servers, virtual, DR, security, etc.)
- Help design and implement IT solutions including client infrastructure, backup and DR solutions, security, etc.
- Provide long term planning of client network needs
Willingness to earn and maintain vendor certifications
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.