Residential Loan Underwriter
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a " Best Bank To Work For" for five consecutive years.
Responsible for underwriting residential real estate 1st mortgage loans to FHLMC guidelines that will be held in the portfolio and sold to the secondary market. Underwrite Home Equity Lines of Credit and Home Equity Loans. Limit loan exceptions as it pertains to asset quality of the loan request.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and underwrite all residential loans that will remain in the banks portfolio as well as those sold to the secondary market
- Assist the Manager of Retail Lending in implementing changes and additions to the appropriate loan policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager of Retail Lending in preparing loans for loan committee when necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent lending experience.
- In depth understanding of cross department lending products, policies, regulations and guidelines in addition to those required by the secondary market.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.