Residential Loan Operations Manager
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and South Chicagoland. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 Banking Centers in Northwest Indiana and 6 Banking Centers in South Chicagoland. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with digital banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for four consecutive years.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This position oversees a number of activities involve residential loan operations function and is responsible for managing the performance and day to day activities of the loan operations team in accordance with Company metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages pipeline ensuring timelines, department goals and customer expectations are met. Sets performance goals for staff to meet and exceed customer expectations. Redistributes workload when necessary to maintain established service levels and promote a positive customer service experience. Manages workloads and loan files to reduce the number of rush requests needed.
- Monitors, tracks and controls work flow on a daily and intra-daily basis, correcting repetitive and periodic tasking mistakes by staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures loans are processed, underwritten, and closed in compliance with the underwriter's approval as well as Federal and State regulations.
- Develops and maintains departmental dashboard and performance metrics. Monitor metrics of team to ensure they are meeting set goals.
- Establishes productivity reports and creates forecasting capacity/staffing needs for stated production goals, strategies, and initiatives
- Analyzes current process for ways to increase productivity and quality while reducing expenses on a continuous basis.
- Oversees, develops and manages the performance of staff. Provides coaching and feedback to staff to assist them in achieving individual and team goals while ensuring a high level of service. Effectively manages staff coverage levels.
- Interviews, hires and trains new operations/processing staff as needed.
- Maintains open lines of communication relative to daily work flow and issues.
- Provides accessibility to handle issues/concerns which need immediate attention.
- Prepares, maintains, and implements policy, procedures and processes for the residential loan operations department to function efficiently and economically.
- Develops sessions to train staff on operational changes.
- Maintains knowledge of ever changing industry and distributes the information to team members to ensure ongoing compliance and best practices. Provides guidance and support and serves as a subject matter expert and a resource to staff on policies, procedures, systems, compliance, and secondary market guidelines.
- Researches problems and answers questions regarding loan processing, underwriting, closing, documentation and compliance. Provides direction and support to bank personnel, such as lenders and senior management in the processing, underwriting and closing of loans.
- Manages loan processing/origination software. Provides recommendations on software needs and changes in the loan documentation process to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policy. Collaborates with functional and technical staff and vendors to coordinate upgrades and fixes. Responsible for vendor due diligence as assigned.
- Ensures the department workflows, processes, and technology platforms (i.e., Ellie Mae) integrate service provider functionality to eliminate or minimize data input errors and maximize the efficiency of the paperless environment process.
- Bachelor degree or compensating work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of leadership experience in the mortgage industry, strong working knowledge of mortgage operations from origination to compliance, funding, post-closing, agency and investor lending and secondary marketing.
- Working knowledge of Encompass strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage loan origination systems and other industry supporting technologies required with high technical proficiency and speed in learning new production platforms.
- High proficiency with MS Office necessary
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities
- Ability to work extensive hours during high volume
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail; Ability to utilize reports to efficiently manage loan pipeline
- Effective prioritization skills
- Ability to continuously innovate; improve processes and systems
- Effective supervisory skills with the ability to recruit, lead and mentor others
- Strong commitment to internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement performance metrics.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.