For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Illinois. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana, 3 branches in Illinois (soon to be 6). We provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for six years and a "Best Bank To Work For" for two consecutive years.
Provide prompt, efficient and friendly service to ensure a You First Banking experience to all customers and employees. Acknowledges customers' needs with suggestions and referrals of appropriate Bank's products and services. Perform all tasks accurately and efficiently while remaining in compliance with the established Bank policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to the Bank's You First Banking brand including engaging customers to determine how we can best meet their banking needs. Answers customer questions and when necessary, seeks the advice of others, always using opportunities to cross-sell other Bank products and services. When applicable, refers customers to appropriate individuals within the bank to best meet needs.
- Responsible for understanding products and services to contribute to growth goals by making appropriate customer referrals (2 per day worked).
- Responsible for identifying red flags to minimize risk and loss.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to regulations including: BSA, Reg CC, CRA.
- Responsible for completing regulatory and compliance training in a timely manner.
- Receives commercial and retail checking deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, and issues receipts.
- Accepts checks for cashing or paying, verifies endorsement, validity of funds, and makes change.
- Receives savings deposits. Pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signature.
- Issues official bank checks, credit card cash advances, and any other product that may be offered by the Bank.
- Receives loan payments.
- Processes any of the following:
- Incoming night drop, drop off and mail deposits and payments
- Real Estate Tax payments
- Wire Transfers
Receives U.S. Savings Bonds for redemption. Accepts stop payment requests, check reorders, and address changes. Distributes these to proper personnel for processing. Closes checking and savings accounts at direction of customer, obtaining supervisor input or approval when required. Independently maintains drawer in-balance, verifies and balances at end of day. Keeps cash secure at all times and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank, including maintaining proper cash drawer levels. Works efficiently in both lobby, drive-up and on the telephone. Record of dependable and reliable attendance. Able to work banking center hours, including weekends and evenings. Takes responsibility for the appearance of the Bank.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility at a satisfactory level or above as well as exercise accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact, and patience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Face to Face Customer service experience required.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Experience working in a team environment required.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.