Universal Bankers - FT & PT - Multiple Locations!
FT: Crown Point, Merrillville, Gary
Reduced FT: Gary
PT: Chesterton, IN, Gary, Hobart, Portage
A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our Marathon Health Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE.
This position will be based out of our Crown Point South branch and will also be required to support at our Crown Point Downtown branch as needed.
Branch Hours: 8:00-6:00 (Mon-Fri), 8:00-12:00 (Sat)
What your day-to-day would be:
- Provide the highest levels of quality service to clients and perform client requested service in a friendly, positive, professional manner.
- Establish rapport with clients, display a caring attitude, identify their needs, recommend and explain solutions, handle objections and ask for their business.
- Understand, promote and advise on the bank’s products, services and electronic delivery channels.
- Identify and act on opportunities to refer clients to specialists in other lines of business.
- In-store locations perform PA’s, aisle time, and other promotional activities.
- Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
- Balance drawer daily and ensure that cash is accounted for. When not in balance must make an effort to identify error.
- Comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines while identifying and reporting any type of suspicious activity or clients to management and/or the Security Department.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential.
- Handle and resolve client problems and complaints in a quick and efficient manner either on own or with the assistance of management.
- Assist in verifying weekly currency shipments, maintaining appearance of branch, assisting others with balancing their drawers and locating errors, and balancing the branch ATM and vault when appropriate.
- Actively strive to achieve individual, branch, and organizational goals and communicate progress to manager.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs.
- Engage in personal development activities such as online learning and internal/external training to assist in career growth.
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance, as outlined in the Dress Code Policy, and a neat and orderly work area, adhering to the Clean Desk Policy.
- Follow the Essentials of Excellence and exhibit the Corporate Values in both external and internal interactions.The position responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
What it takes to be successful in this position:
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office products).
- Ability to work through client problems by listening, thinking through all options, and responding appropriately.
- Consultative skills to identify a client’s financial needs.
- Availability to work evenings and some weekends.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Data entry and retrieval of information into a computer, sorting documents, and following logical instructions and systems.
- Maintain accuracy by remaining detail focused consistently.
- Make texture judgments in verifying the authenticity of currency.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
What you need to bring to the table:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- •Banking experience is a plus, but not required.
- Minimum of six months customer service/cash handling experience is desirable.
- Ability to work all days/hours that the branch location is open.
Bring it all together:
As the front line customer ambassador for Centier, the Universal Banker is crossed trained to provide a World-Class experience for clients. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about Centier’s financial product options and refer or sell the appropriate products and services matching the customer’s needs. This position participates in the daily operations of the branch, which could include, assisting customers with account openings, account management and other financial service needs and maintenance. The position also provides timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough handling of all monies assigned. This position proactively participates in the sales/quality referral process of the branch as directed by management.
What do I do now?
- Apply with us!
- Refer this opening to others!