For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and soon the south suburbs of Illinois. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana, 6 branches in Illinois. We provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Universal Banker in our Broadway Banking Center in Merrillville, IN.
The Universal Banker provides personalized banking services by performing all teller functions as well as those of a customer sales representative and service supervisor, while ensuring that a You First Banking experience is delivered to all customers and employees. Must be detail oriented to accurately process transactions, as well as knowing the Bank's products and services and how to successfully cross-sell them to build stronger banking relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for processing all teller transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Independently maintain drawer in-balance, verify and balance at end of day.
- Keep cash secure at all times and maintain a high level of safety for the Bank, including maintaining proper cash drawer levels.
- Adhere to all security procedures established to ensure safety for employees and customers. Make approvals and exceptions to policy as appropriate and within authority. Recognize potential fraud and report to management as necessary.
- Receive customer inquiries, take responsibility for resolution of customer problems and complaints. Monitor correction of account errors and communicate to customers regarding corrections.
- Maintain vault cash at appropriate level, obtain and sell cash, verify incoming cash including identifying any counterfeit money.
- Respond to customer's transactions requiring a supervisor approval and assign proper check hold on customer checks following Reg CC Policies. Require proper documentation of CIP and BSA requirements.
- Follows all procedures for opening new accounts including system requirements and nonpublic personal information (NPI) collection.
- Actively cross-sell all Bank products and services to help achieve Banking Center growth goals.
- Provides high quality customer service by smiling and greeting the customer, identifying and satisfying the customer's initial needs, and recommending other products, services or lines of business that meet the customer's needs.
- Handles loan inquiries, originates and closes consumer loans. Require national Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Follow the Bank's security procedures for opening, closing and operations of the Banking Center.
- Able to work Banking Center hours, including weekends and some evenings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Nine months of prior banking experience required.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.