Universal Banker II
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and soon the south suburbs of Illinois. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana, 6 branches in Illinois. We provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Universal Banker II in our Merrillville Banking Center.
The Universal Banker II provides personalized banking services by performing all teller functions as well as those of a customer sales representative and service supervisor, while ensuring that a You First Banking experience is delivered to all customers and employees. Must be detail oriented to accurately process transactions, as well as knowing the Bank's products and services and how to successfully cross-sell them to build stronger banking relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all UB1 duties at a proficient level
- Opens new accounts for customers accurately and efficiently
- Handles more complex customer inquiries and requests
- Demonstrates strong sales skills. Routinely seeks to refer additional products when appropriate and documents referrals in Sales Management (includes referrals to other lines of business).
- Moves seamlessly through the banking center acting in a variety of roles as necessary.
- Adapts easily to meet all needs.
- Participates in Bank and Team activities.
- May seek additional responsibilities such as internal committee involvement or corporate initiatives
- Possesses ability to effectively mentor others
- Process consumer loan applications and maintain NMLS number.
- Expectation to put forth effort to move up within UB level
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Face to Face Customer service experience required.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Experience working in a team environment required.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.