Universal Banker I
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and soon the south suburbs of Illinois. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana, 6 branches in Illinois. We provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Universal Banker I in our Munster Banking Center.
The Universal Banker I provides personalized banking services by performing all teller functions as well as those of a customer sales representative and service supervisor, while ensuring that a You First Banking experience is delivered to all customers and employees. Must be detail-oriented to accurately process transactions, as well as knowing the Bank's products and services and how to successfully cross-sell them to build stronger banking relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all Teller 1 and 2 duties at a proficient level
- Regularly engages customers to understand needs and make appropriate product and service recommendations.
- Easily assists customers with routine questions and account maintenance requests
- Will make progress to become proficient in the following:
- Acts as back up in the absence of the Service Supervisor performing all daily required tasks.
- Will have keys, vault combinations and alarm codes and is able to act as a back-up for vault cash counting and balancing.
- Will open and close the Banking Center as needed (including all end of day processing).
- Serves as a mentor and provides guidance for level 1 and level 2 tellers.
- Has knowledge of the bank's security system and is proactive in testing alarms.
- Assists in completing reports
- Expectation to put forth effort to move up within UB level.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Face to Face Customer service experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Experience working in a team environment preferred.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.