For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for three consecutive years.
Peoples Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Service Supervisor in our Merrillville (Broadway) Banking Center.
Supervises the Banking Center's teller staff and the duties associated with the Banking Center's operational aspects. Ensures that a You First Banking experience is delivered to all customers and that tellers are able to successfully cross-sell and refer Bank products. Has a clear understanding of the Bank's goals, objectives and strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives all cross-sales and referral efforts on the teller line to assist in achieving Banking Center growth goals.
- Receives customer inquiries, takes responsibility for resolution of customer problems and complaints. Monitors correction of account errors, and controls correspondence to customers regarding corrections.
- Supervises and schedules teller's work to ensure sufficient staffing, efficient and accurate processing of transactions, and maintenance of favorable customer relations.Oversees that the Bank's service and sales standards are upheld by continual coaching and training. Ensures that tellers are able to successfully cross-sell and promote Bank products. The Service Supervisor is responsible to keep staff motivated and communicate the overall corporate goals.
- Prepares combined teller totals daily, prepares daily cash letter and check deposit, approves teller totals, and assists tellers with balancing problems.
- Maintains vault cash at appropriate level, obtains and sells cash, verifies incoming cash including identifying any counterfeit money.
- Processes routine daily work promptly: correspondence, and interdepartmental correspondence. Ensures that duties such as Safe Box maintenance, Check Scanner Maintenance, Traveler's Check audit, Teller/Vault shortage report, and Alarm tests are completed on a monthly basis.
- Directs training of new tellers and evaluates performance of tellers with Banking Center Manager to ensure the strategic direction of the Bank is followed.
- Ensures that each teller exhibits the Bank's "You First Banking" behaviors and delivers the Best Possible Banking Experience to customers both in person and by telephone.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of prior banking or retail sales experience required
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Saturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.