SPARK Banking InternshipMerrillville, IN/Part-Time
S.P.A.R.K is a Summer Program and stands for Student Partners Acquiring Resources and Knowledge. This position involves traveling to our branch locations throughout Lake and Porter Counties in Indiana. Branch hours may vary any where between 8:00-6:00 Monday-Friday and 8:00-2:00 on Saturday.
Position has potential to continue for up to three consecutive summers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Summary: As a traveling front line customer ambassador for Centier, the Universal Banker is crossed trained to provide a World-Class experience for clients at various branches. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about Centier’s financial product options and refer or sell the appropriate products and services matching the customer’s needs. This position participates in the daily operations of the branch, which could include, account management and other financial service needs and maintance. The position also provides timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough handling of all monies assigned. This position proactively participates in the sales/quality referral process of the branch as directed by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Traveling to various branches daily
- Giving World Class Service on all phone interactions
- Provide the highest levels of quality service to clients and perform client requested service in a friendly, positive, professional manner.
- Establish rapport with clients, display a caring attitude, identify their needs, recommend and explain solutions, handle objections and ask for their business.
- Understand, promote and advise on the bank’s products, services and electronic delivery channels.
- Identify and act on opportunities to refer clients to specialists in other lines of business.
- While helping In-store locations perform PA’s, aisle time, and other promotional activities.
- Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
- Balance drawer daily and ensure that cash is accounted for. When not in balance must make an effort to identify error.
- Comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines while identifying and reporting any type of suspicious activity or clients to management and/or the Security Department.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential.
- Handle and resolve client problems and complaints in a quick and efficient manner either on own or with the assistance of management.
- Offer to assist in various branch operational duties as needed. Such as; verifying weekly currency shipments, assisting others with balancing their drawers and locating errors, and balancing the branch ATM and vault when appropriate.
- Actively strive to achieve individual, branch, and organizational goals and communicate progress to manager.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs.
- Engage in personal development activities such as online learning and internal/external training to assist in career growth.
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance, as outlined in the Dress Code Policy, and a neat and orderly work area, adhering to the Clean Desk Policy.
- Follow the Essentials of Excellence and exhibit the Corporate Values in both external and internal interactions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing work environments and locations
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office products).
- Ability to work through client problems by listening, thinking through all options, and responding appropriately.
- Consultative skills to identify a client’s financial needs.
- Availability to work evenings and some weekends.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Data entry and retrieval of information into a computer, sorting documents, and following logical instructions and systems.
- Maintain accuracy by remaining detail focused consistently.
- Make texture judgments in verifying the authenticity of currency.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Banking experience is a plus, but not required.