All applicants are to apply on line and submit resumes at: https://www.centier.com/careers
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time
Summary: The Senior BSA/AML Analyst is part of the Financial Intelligence Unit. BSA/AML Analysts are responsible for conducting anti-money laundering investigations and complying with currency transaction reporting requirements. This position requires strong investigative, writing, and analytical skills. This role partners closely with other BSA/AML Analysts, Deposit Operations, Retail Sales and Retail Operations while working independently to drive individual and team results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze alerts generated by the Bank's electronic monitoring software to make a determination as to whether activity warrants further review. Review and analyze internal AML reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding the need for further investigation.
- Conduct suspicious activity investigations and determine whether a Suspicious Activity Report is needed. Draft narrative for each case substantiating the decision or recommendation.
- Manage complex cases, reviews involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts and complex ownership structures.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports with FinCEN.
- Identify and analyze records of outside agencies to facilitate investigations including credit bureau records, police and court records.
- Review and approve High Risk Customer EDD reviews (Non-SAR, Non-PEP)
- Assist with preparing for initiatives including- FDIC BSA exam, BSA risk assessment, BSA audit, or BSA system validation, etc.
- Assist in responding to findings and recommendations from the various initiatives and implementation of BSA Program enhancements, new procedures, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements and regulations.
- Excellent researching and analytical skills.
- Confidence and ability to identify potential issues and solutions and work with management to resolve those issues.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to BSA/Standards & Documentation Specialists within Deposit Operations regarding AML, BSA and OFAC-related issues.
- Ability to interact and respond intelligently to inquiries from Audit and bank regulators.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with on-line research and web-based tools.
- Team oriented and able to work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- ACAMS certification preferred (completion will be expected on-the-job).
- 3+ years of experience on BSA/AML, fraud, loss prevention or corporate security investigative experience or other experience analyzing customer financial activity for unusual behavior.
- Ability to foster a professional cohesive working relationship with members of the department and the bank.
- Show respect, professional and positive attitude, and demonstrate the core values of the bank.