Rotational Internship (Summer 2021)
Full Time Position - Merrillville, IN
A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What your day-to-day would be:
- The internship at Centier is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem and contribute real-value to a fast-paced team.
- The intern is faced with a timely question or challenge from the Bank's business partners to think strategically and cross-functionally to provide a comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation.
- Interns have full support from a mentor and department supervisors specific to each area of business within department of study, i.e. finance, data analytics, tech solutions, etc.
- The rotation requires significant interaction with various functions as a part of the project - marketing, finance, data analytics, tech solutions and retail/business banking to help bring the project to life.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What it takes to be successful in this position:
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and follow up on items, as necessary.
- Self-starter, motivated, and looking to provide value in all activities.
- Ability to learn new information quickly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills are a necessity.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Confident and friendly communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Leadership, teamwork, and client servicing ability.
- A well-rounded character, appreciating diversity and valuing inclusion.
- A strong sense of resiliency and maintaining professionalism in all situations.
- Knowledge and interested in Centier Bank and the financial services industry.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Current college enrollment in a related major/field of study
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Relocation expenses are not provided.
Bring it all together:
Centier Bank’s Rotational Internship Program is designed to develop technical skills, business acumen and leadership abilities of college students. During the 12-week program, students will have the opportunity to learn and perform assignments in various rotations while gaining a broader perspective of banking, along with exposure to leadership of different departments within their internship track. Candidates are chosen based on the college students’ career interests, goals, and skills as well as the rotation track. This role would require up to 40 hours a week and would work at the Centier Corporate Centre in Merrillville, Indiana. This is a paid internship.
This program provides college participants with dedicated support and professional development opportunities that include:
- Program mentor
- Designated supervisors
- Learning & Development sessions
- Comprehensive orientation to the Bank
- Social Events
- Capstone project presented to senior leadership
The Rotational Internship Program offers the following tracks:
Sales & Business Development, Client Experience, Data Analytics, Risk Assessment
The Sales & Business Development Intern will focus within the areas of Retail, Small Business, and Investments and support these departments with day to day tasks, ad hoc projects, and key initiatives. The intern will learn the ins and outs of managing a client book of business and the process of proactively reaching out to prospects to ensure new account acquisition. The intern will be exposed to the mapping of client data to products and the functions of Marketing, Sales, and Operations. Assist with writing email campaigns for sales and business development. This will involve the study of our customer relationship management (CRM) and market data.
The Client Experience Intern will focus within the areas of Digital Banking, Retail Sales and Experience, and Marketing and support these departments with day to day tasks, ad hoc projects, and key initiatives. The intern will assist with a project to deepen the client engagement through our digital banking experience with a focus on mobile app, web navigation and how to deliver Centier products and services in alignment with the retail sales and branch experience. The intern will provide input on digital innovation in a client-driven environment, focusing on analysis of creative digital bank solutions, based on emerging technology trends and real-life client survey data.
The Data Analytics Intern will focus within the areas of FP&A, Data Warehouse, and Performance Analytics and support these departments with day to day tasks, ad hoc projects, and key initiatives. The intern will work closely with lead data analysts to develop and apply analytical skills to create data driven reports supporting multiple teams. A summary of data into presentations to key stakeholders. Manipulate multiple sets of data. Query and extract data from multiple data systems. Using excel formulas, pivot tables to generate deep analysis of financial and performance data. Learn how data is used to create solutions in the financial environment.
The Risk Management Intern will focus within the areas of ERM, Loan Portfolio/Credit, and Compliance/Information Security and support these departments with day to day tasks, ad hoc projects, and key initiatives. Intern will work on meaningful, high-impact projects in areas such as: enterprise risk, loan/credit underwriting, and risk associated with regulatory compliance and information security. The intern will assist in commercial credit analysis and/or loan portfolio analysis. The intern will be exposed to components of ERM: operational risk, model risk, capital risk, and liquidity. The structure of risk and control areas will be studied, along with translating data into actionable business recommendations.
What do I do now?
- Apply with us!
- Refer this opening to others!