For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and South Chicagoland. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 Banking Centers in Northwest Indiana and 6 Banking Centers in South Chicagoland. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with digital banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for four consecutive years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail Banking Group Leader in the Indiana market.
Oversees all aspects of assigned group of banking center functions. Manages and delegates responsibility to banking center managers and provides direction to managers to ensure achievement of goals. Ensures consistent and efficient delivery of services to the bank's customers by managing the interactions between operations and the banking functions. Recommends and implements new deposit related services. Understands strategic goals of the Bank and supports department's responsibility in achieving them. Responsible for providing strategic direction and ensuring banking center policies and programs are consistent with overall department and Bank objectives. Communicates the Bank's culture and brand message through the image of the banking center facilities and staff. Assists with the solicitation of new customers for the Bank's Retail, Commercial, Municipal and other lines of business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a strong public image of the Bank and the Peoples You First brand through interaction with customers, employees, shareholders and stakeholders.
- Actively works with the Retail Banking Group Manager to ensure a consistent approach amongst all Banking Centers.
- Proactively coaches managers to help achieve growth goals by identifying targets, prospects and areas of concentration. Monitors and provides feedback regarding their business development efforts.
- Makes sales calls on business leaders in the community to promote the Bank. Accompanies managers on sales calls when appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business required with Masters' degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of banking experience with a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
- Prior experience as a Banking Center Manager desirable
- Ability to lead and mentor with strong decision making skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.