Mortgage Loan Originator Trainee
Responsible for completing the necessary operations and sales training to originate high quality residential real estate loans. Cross-selling Peoples Bank products and services to our customers and the community. Build and maintain relationships with builders, realtors, and consumers to enhance future business opportunities and providing homeownership education to the prospective homeowners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete the 18 to 24 month training program set forth by the Bank
- Implement a business development program with existing and potential customers and referral sources such as realtors, builders, etc. with a minimum number of outside calls per your annual budget
- Meet with customers at their convenience, which may require working on a weekend.
- Interview the borrower(s) to initiate a residential loan application. Explain the preliminary disclosure information by obtaining all of the necessary supporting documentation needed to prepare for the underwriting process.
- Interview the borrower(s) to initiate a consumer real estate loan application. Explain the preliminary disclosure information by obtaining all of the necessary supporting documentation needed to prepare for the underwriting process.
- Counsel customers on appropriate loan products for their individual needs
- Provide financial consultation and analysis to assist customers in determining their borrowing capacity.
- Cross sell other bank products, such as deposit and wealth management.
- Attends title company closings, if available.
- Attend 1st time homeowners' education workshops in various locations within the Bank's lending area.
- Maintain community involvement.
- Assists the Manger of Retail Lending in performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional oral and written communication skills necessary
- Prior sales experience required preferably working in a competitive environment
- Knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HP Financial Calculator necessary
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with financial information, analyze data and use prudent judgment when making decisions
- Must be able to meet customers and prospects for offsite appointments
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance to the residents of Lake and Porter Counties. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for the past five years and a "Best Bank To Work For" for two consecutive years.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.