Mortgage Loan Officer
A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our OurHealth Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE!
Responsible for soliciting referral sources to get mortgage loans, providing information during inquiries, and ultimately, if appropriate, inviting the client to make a mortgage loan application. When making a mortgage loan application this position interviews mortgage loan applicants in a friendly and efficient manner by securing an application and all supporting documents for submission to loan processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sales calls on realtors, builders, and other pertinent parties for the purpose of soliciting mortgage loans, developing banking relationships, and cross-selling services. (Outside Loan Originators only).
- Interview loan applicants to document income, debt, credit history, employment, and general information. Request and review documents such as income tax returns, W-2’s, purchase agreements, legal descriptions, forms for verification, and all other documents necessary to properly process an application.
- Determine if applicants meet established standards or what additional information might be necessary for further consideration.
- Ability to analyze financial information, including but not limited to tax returns.
- Inform applicants of all costs and closing fees associated with the loan request.
- Submit completed loan applications and all supporting documents to loan processing to begin processing of the loan.
- Call applicants to resolve discrepancies such as derogatory credit, unlisted debt or any other issue.
- Inform loan applicants of loan approval or denial.
- Participate in all scheduled meetings deemed necessary by management.
- Communicate open and honestly with all bank associate’s including management and with clients and potential clients.
- Meet production goals on a monthly basis.
- Attend loan closings.
- Understand and adhere to all bank and government regulations, rules, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to operations and compliance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the bank in community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social to develop and maintain client contact and referral relationships.
- Engage in personal development activities such as BAI courses and internal/external training to assist in growing in career.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge in a Windows environment and working with a mouse. Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to review and understand a variety of resources and information including financial related information.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Read and process written and numerical information.
- Operate a computer keyboard and adding machine.
- Read alpha and numeric information on a computer monitor screen.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- 3 years commissioned lending experience.