Mortgage Loan Officer
*Based out of Crown Point, IN
Department hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00, but having the ability to adjust your schedule to meet client needs is important for this role.
Responsible for soliciting referral sources to get mortgage loans, providing information during inquiries, and ultimately, if appropriate, inviting the client to make a mortgage loan application. When making a mortgage loan application this position interviews mortgage loan applicants in a friendly and efficient manner by securing an application and all supporting documents for submission to loan processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sales calls on realtors, builders, and other pertinent parties for the purpose of soliciting mortgage loans, developing banking relationships, and cross-selling services. (Outside Loan Originators only).
- Interview loan applicants to document income, debt, credit history, employment, and general information. Request and review documents such as income tax returns, W-2’s, purchase agreements, legal descriptions, forms for verification, and all other documents necessary to properly process an application.
- Determine if applicants meet established standards or what additional information might be necessary for further consideration.
- Ability to analyze financial information, including but not limited to tax returns.
- Inform applicants of all costs and closing fees associated with the loan request.
- Submit completed loan applications and all supporting documents to loan processing to begin processing of the loan.
- Call applicants to resolve discrepancies such as derogatory credit, unlisted debt or any other issue.
- Inform loan applicants of loan approval or denial.
- Participate in all scheduled meetings deemed necessary by management.
- Communicate open and honestly with all bank associate’s including management and with clients and potential clients.
- Meet production goals on a monthly basis.
- Attend loan closings.
- Understand and adhere to all bank and government regulations, rules, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to operations and compliance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the bank in community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social to develop and maintain client contact and referral relationships.
- Engage in personal development activities such as BAI courses and internal/external training to assist in growing in career.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge in a Windows environment and working with a mouse. Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to review and understand a variety of resources and information including financial related information.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Read and process written and numerical information.
- Operate a computer keyboard and adding machine.
- Read alpha and numeric information on a computer monitor screen.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- 3 years commissioned lending experience.