Data Entry Specialist 1
*Based out of Merrillville, IN
This a part-time position and the associate will work approximately 20 hours/week. They will normally work on Tuesdays & Thursday from 11am-7pm and either on Monday from 11am-7pm or Friday from 12pm-7pm depending on staffing and the workload. Flexibility with scheduling/the ability to pick up extra hours as needed, is also desired.
Summary: This position is responsible for insuring that all incoming teller work, merchant deposits, mobile deposits, and ATM deposits are received or downloaded on a daily basis and that all work is scanned, imported, processed and balanced in a timely manner. This will include daily phone contact with branch associates to assist with SmartBranch issues as well as with CSI Operations staff regarding work processing issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following:
- Process work from internal departments by capturing items through the SmartBranch scanner, keying items missing amounts, re-entering rejected items and balancing.
- Repair and approve work from branches.
- Handle calls to/from branches about same day teller offages or SmartBranch issues.
- Ensure that daily checklists are completed by processing deadlines.
- Engage in conversations to be informed of any ongoing issues, concerns, or problems.
- Responsible for the movement, storage, and destruction of daily work in compliance with record retention policies.
- High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of 6 months banking experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in 10-key data entry
- Strong PC skills, including Word, Excel, Windows Explorer, and Web-based applications
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Extensive functional training and flexibility to deadlines and workloads
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds