A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our OurHealth Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE!
Supervisory Duties: Yes, this is a leadership position and currently oversees the CRA Specialist.
Summary: The CRA Officer is accountable for maintaining a Satisfactory or better CRA regulatory rating and following the federal Community Reinvestment Act. These are successfully achieved by working with lines of businesses to devise action plans and develop and execute the bank’s CRA business plan while addressing performance variances in comparison to goals with applicable parties. The officer is responsible for ensuring CRA data integrity, fulfilling CRA regulatory report submission requirements, reviewing and determining risks related to fair lending and CRA data, and keeping Senior Management apprised of on-going performance.
- Provide a wide array of CRA guidance to many internal partners throughout the bank, including, but not limited to, conducting monthly meetings with market presidents and bank leaders. During these meetings, the CRA officer will present the status of the Bank’s performance within the lending, investment, and service areas, and be accountable for addressing variances in the performance metrics, holding accountable those whose goals have not been met.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various community-based charitable and non-profit organizations to identify pertinent needs within our assessment areas and advise appropriate bank associates of these opportunities.
- Educate and mentor loan officers and market leaders within assessment areas on community development and mortgage programs, bank products and additional initiatives that aid LMI communities. Provide updated annual CRA training to the Board of Directors as well as to associates upon request.
- Remain current with changing regulations and requirements and efficiently implement any new and regulatory changes as needed.
- Accountable for receiving complaints that impact the Bank’s CRA performance and assist in responding to these complaints.
- Conduct quarterly CRA Committee meetings which provide timely information of emerging CRA issues as well as identify gaps in the delivery of services, products, and investments to ensure compliance directives are maintained. The CRA Officer will present updates as to the status of the Bank’s performance within the lending, investment, and service areas. Performance variances related to meeting goals within these areas will be communicated so the CRA Committee is kept apprised of the current and on-going CRA performance.
- Maintain a complex and detailed narrative of CRA strategies, public concerns, and explanations regarding gaps in performance to be provided to senior management, examiners and auditors as requested.
- Serve in a leadership capacity with at least three organizations that effectively operate in the low and moderate areas as determined by Centier Bank.
- Impart CRA knowledge to bank associates by coordinating events and other CRA related activities when identified and/or requested by lines of businesses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess sufficient experience in multiple project management while working within tight deadlines.
- Exhibit critical and strategic thinking in all aspects of the position.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail, which is required to perform and oversee the technical compliance aspects of CRA as it pertains to community development lending, investments, and services.
- Remain positive, motivated, and professional through all interactions and communications, including when making presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand complex subject matter and be able to apply that knowledge when interacting with line of business partners and federal regulators to respond to changing regulatory climates and concerns.
- Possess technical and computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft products, Questsoft, customized bank software and the ability to complete analysis of data that may be generated from multiple bank software systems. Leverage technology to achieve efficiencies for meeting goals as part of the overall execution of the Bank’s CRA business plan.
- Strong ability to perform valuable research related to compliance laws and regulations, demonstrating extensive experience with compliance and regulatory examination processes.
- Collaboratively partner with internal departments and regulatory agencies related to reviews, tests, and examinations with the experience necessary to execute formal responses to address corrective actions.
- Seek out and participate in CRA banking professional organizations to gain knowledge of current trends from peers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a CRA Officer with a multi-billion-dollar bank, or equivalent years served within a CRA related banking position, having achieved success with a proven record of delivering innovative and complex initiatives.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- BS or BA degree required.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Indiana, and to other locations, to meet with bank personnel as well as to participate and present on community development related activities.
What do I do now?
- Apply with us!
- Refer this opening to others!