HOURS: Full Time, Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
LOCATION: Corporate Centre, Merrillville, IN
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for management and supervision of the Bank’s Accounting Department and staff.
SUMMARY: Responsible for tax compliance, external financial reporting, general ledger maintenance and all financial controls for Centier Bank, its holding company and all related entities. The Controller will perform various accounting and control functions and ensure proper accounting procedures and records, consistent with accounting standards, regulatory requirements and Bank policy. In addition, the Controller will prepare financial reports under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall Accounting Department (Accounting Manager and Accounting associates including Wire Transfers and Accounts Payables). Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the department’s activities. Conduct performance reviews and promote career development.
- Develop tax strategies and manage all required tax filings to ensure both regulatory compliance as well as minimizing the corporation’s tax liability.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of all external reporting and corporate governance filings including, but not limited to, call reports, federal reserve reports, annual financial reports (and related footnotes), etc. This can also include collaboration on ASOP and Trust related filings as well as subsidiary related filings for Centier Risk Management and Centier Nevada (Investments), in addition to corporate stock and/or debt issuance.
- Maintain the general ledger and a system of internal accounting controls to ensure all financial information is presented fairly in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Implements accounting policies and procedures to ensure effective financial controls.
- Serve as the institution’s key liaison to coordinate all regulatory exams and partner with the institution’s internal auditor to coordinate the annual external audits.
- Quickly respond to fire-drills and other ad-hoc analysis requested by management
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong understanding of related tax laws.
- Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with key business stakeholders and demonstrate respectful, constructive negotiating skills.
- Leadership ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well through continuous feedback and encouragement of growth and development.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information and suggest process improvements to a diverse audience ranging from Operations personnel to the Board of Directors.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but also able to quickly grasp the broader strategic picture.
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word).
- Experience with common Excel add-ins such as Essbase, Retrieve or other cell based reporting tools a plus.
- Experience with CSI, Fiserv Prologue as well as Fiserv MPC, Oracle Hyperion or other ERP applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in a medium to large sized financial institution, or for a public accounting firm.
- Experience with banking industry general ledger and core processor application software preferred.
- Master’s Degree a plus
- CPA designation required
All applicants are to apply on line and submit resumes at: www.centier.com/careers