Supervisory Responsibilities: Individual will manage, train, and mentor compliance staff to create a best in class compliance function. Sets measurable goals, creates metrics that allow for proper and timely measurement of performance and provides real time feedback. Keeps Management informed of progress on yearly performance metrics and sets paths for growth and job satisfaction.
Summary: This position will manage the Bank’s Compliance functions to ensure operational effectiveness, adequate oversight, and control of the bank’s compliance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the bank embraces a culture of compliance. This includes maintaining knowledge of the bank’s operations and associates as well as creating and cultivating relationships.
- Maintain the requisite knowledge of laws and regulations to ensure that they are seen as a critical resource for regulatory expertise.
- Will act in the capacity as the bank’s Director of Compliance, Fair Lending Officer, and Privacy Officer.
- Interpret regulations, make decisions and provide recommendations and guidance to the staff as well as Department Heads.
- Directly responsible for the annual or quarterly HMDA submissions.
- Assist other associates in the bank with requests or questions.
- Responsible for design, creation, implementation and consistent monitoring of bankwide CMS.
- Assist examiners during state and federal examinations which include but are not limited to: prepare documentation and electronic files, provide responses to inquiries from examiners after speaking with department heads, assist with technical issues and other as determined.
- Coordinate, oversee, and track the completion of compliance reviews and compliance reports.
- Develop compliance policies and procedures and training materials and implements the program.
- Interact with Regulatory Owners specific to Regulatory Testing, which includes conversations, writing memos, and compiling memos for the Audit Committee.
- Conduct regulatory testing as required to ensure Fair Lending and HMDA compliance.
- Oversee compliance activities for marketing.
- Responsible for management and monitoring of customer complaints as well as reporting periodically to the Audit Committee.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Participate as a member of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee to ensure that new products, services, or endeavors of the bank are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Follow the Essentials of Excellence and exhibit Centier’s Corporate Values.
- Strive to provide a World-Class Service experience in every interaction.
- Train management and associates in consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Assess emerging issues or potential liabilities.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion and are effective at preventing recurrence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work through problems by listening, thinking through all issues, and responding appropriately.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- Highly detail oriented, well-organized and able to work independently and consistently.
- Ability to handle extended work time and stressful situations.
- 8 years of experience in Compliance specific to banking and at least a minimum of 4 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in related compliance management role.
- CRCM certification required.