Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist 1
A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our Marathon Health Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE.
What your day-to-day would be:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest levels of quality service to internal clients in a friendly, positive and professional manner.
- Strive to provide World Class experience with every interaction.
- Prepare loan document requests for closing in a timely and accurate manner
- Verify request has been approved by the appropriate committee authority, senior vice president, and group manager or lending officer. Review loan requests against loan approvals
- Verify request submitted coincides with the approval
- Verify all loans meet Bank’s policies and procedures as well as laws governing same which includes Regulation O and conflict of interest loans
- Seek assistance from commercial documentation specialist II, senior documentation specialist/ team lead or division manager when issues arise outside of comfort level
- Work with senior documentation specialist, team leader or division manager to communicate discrepancies in loan approvals and requested documentation with lender and his/her administrative support
- Review data (including but not limited to): UCC (pre and post search, filing); current property taxes; flood search/flood insurance; property insurance; entity documents
- Ensure the interest of the bank is protected at all times (perfecting collateral and verification of entities)
- May make some decisions but will be required to seek guidance from team lead, department manager or division manager.
- Limited external communication (not expected to work with bank attorneys)
- Will be required to learn the preparation of SWAP and SBA loans to move to a specialist II role.
- Review aggregate committed exposure for Small Business Lending. In addition, when applicable, review aggregate committed exposure for loans not approved at MMS, SMS, EMS, BLC & Board Committee.
- Review all documentation for completeness, accuracy according to approval, adherence to regulatory requirements and bank policy and procedures.
- Compare the loan approval to loan documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Verify specified closing conditions have been met.
- Ensure proper lien perfection for all loans prepared by Centralized Doc Prep and attorneys.
- Review all commercial files for proper supporting documentation, signatures, approvals, etc.
- Create documentation tracking ticklers as necessary to ensure corrective action will be taken relating to documentation deficiencies.
- Create ticklers for proper collateral perfections, UCC tracking and flood insurance tracking.
- Initiate reporting of errors and discrepancies to Commercial Loan Documentation Manager.
- Communicate significant or frequent errors and discrepancies to the Commercial Loan Support Team Lead and Commercial Loan Documentation Manager.
- Assist in the assembly and organization of credit and collateral files to be imaged.
- Recommend changes to management for process improvement based on file review findings and trends.
- Keeps procedures current and updated as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Release commercial collateral after loan pay off
- Review UCC filings/post search/pre-search (includes quality check UCC filings)
- Cross trained on all other duties in the general loan production support division (paid notes, collateral release)
- Assist in any special duties delegated or assigned as necessary
What is needed to be successful in this position:
- Ability to work independently and work well within a team environment
- Takes initiative to find answers by asking questions and researching
- Good PC skills
- This position necessitates the individual to be detail oriented, well organized and possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proofread and verify written materials. Maintain accuracy by remaining detail focused
- Multi-task well in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
What you need to bring to the table:
- One year banking experience
- High School Diploma
Bring it all together:The Documentation Specialist I will become a specialist in the laws of commercial lending and Bank policy and procedures regulating same. The documentation specialist will work closely with the lender and AA and must have a high attention to detail and accuracy. Must be a team player with strong communication skills. The Documentation Specialist I must be able to take direction from commercial loan documentation specialist II, senior documentation specialist/team lead or division manager.
What do I do now?
- Apply with us!
- Refer this opening to others!