Commercial Construction Specialist
A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our OurHealth Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE!
What your day-to-day would be:
Process incoming projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Adding new loans to reports and creating construction funding worksheets (CFWs) for each new file;
- Using judgment to escalate complicated or problematic projects to the Construction Services Team Leader when appropriate.
- Review draw request packages to determine that the supporting documentation for line items to be paid is included and the project is in balance. Resolve any deficiency in documentation for payment or budget variances with the client and/or loan officer.
- Ensure all conditions for disbursement defined in loan approval are met prior to releasing funds. Disburse draw proceeds via wire transfer or through Transaction Manager (electronic transfer). Notify accounting and wire departments when large disbursements are anticipated.
- Ensure that clients inject their portion of the construction costs (equity) prior to disbursement of loan proceeds or as dictated by the loan approval.
- Order and review inspections, title updates and other documentation needed to process draw requests.
- Work with the client and loan officer to address problems identified by the inspection and reduce disbursements accordingly.
- If mechanic’s liens are identified by a title update, work through the issue with the title company, attorneys, borrower, contractor and loan officer.
- Keep loan officer up to date on project progress and anticipated funding.
- Maintain various spreadsheets to track construction projects. Enter project and draw information in Smartsheet.
- Track interest reserve draws on spreadsheet for Bank reporting requirement on capitalized interest.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scan all draw related documentation to imaging system (TREEV).
- Pay vendors for services rendered (appraisers, title companies, inspectors, etc.) during the processing of construction files. Collect draw expenses and log fees in the appropriate report.
- Set up tickler for interest payment draws that are not automated. Process draws accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
What it takes to be successful in this position:
- Must be proficient in Excel (365)
- Must be able to work independently and make analytical decisions based on procedure.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain complex information related to construction processing, title work and lien perfection.
- Strong computer skills including:
- 365 Word, Outlook, NuPoint (Core software)
- Comfort working with computers and capacity to learn and master new software, especially Smartsheet.
- Strong communication skills to effectively resolve complex issues that may arise throughout the course of construction
- Ability to take initiative to find answers by researching and asking questions
- Bank Policy knowledge
- Ability to type and answer phones
What you need to bring to the table:
- High School Diploma.
- Experience in construction administration, budget management or related field is strongly preferred
- 1-2 years’ banking or office experience or equivalent
Bring it all together:
Manage the commercial construction draw process for all commercial projects at the Bank. Communicate directly with Borrowers, contractors, inspectors, title companies, etc., to coordinate draw funding. Review draw requests to verify proper documentation and confirm the project is in balance. Work with Business Banking lenders/AA’s to resolve any deficiencies that develop. This individual must be able to work independently without daily supervision.
What do I do now?
- Apply with us!
- Refer this opening to others!