A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our OurHealth Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE!
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
SUMMARY: Minimize bank losses and control delinquency for installment loans, revolving credit, overdraft protection accounts and mortgage loans. Provide clerical assistance for other functions of the department.
- Collect delinquent payments for installment loans, revolving credits, overdraft protection and mortgage loan accounts to minimize losses and maintain goals set for delinquency percentage. Collection activity includes phone, mail and email contact and occasional personal visits to clients’ residences.
- Follows proper collection practices to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and Centier policies.
- Basic computer skills (NuPoint, Windows, Word, Excel, RMS Collection System), fax machine, telephone.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Provide queue coverage for associates that are off due to a temporary absence.
- Provide monthly reporting of delinquent loans to private mortgage insurance companies
- Provide support services for foreclosures and ORE maintenance and sale.
- Filing, research, account adjustments, computer input.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills – NuPoint, Risk Management Collection System, Word, Excel, Internet, Treev, Synergy.
- Knowledge – collection laws; comprehending bankruptcies and the foreclosure process. Familiarity with Installment, Mortgage, RVC loan documents.
- Skills and Abilities – Display a professional, informative and respectful demeanor while preserving the customer’s positive impression of the bank. Requires strong and persuasive verbal and written communication.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Should have general knowledge of the Northwest Indiana area.
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 to 2 years collection experience