A Centier Associate is someone who embodies a servant heart, is unaccepting of anything less than remarkable service, and is self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results.
What are our values? Our Corporate values are Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Friendship, Fun....who wouldn't want to work for an AWARD-WINNING company that's built on these pillars?
What about the perks? Access to our OurHealth Clinics which provide FREE visits & prescriptions, Generous Paid Time Off benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Daycare Reimbursement, FREE Onsite Fitness Center/Fitness Reimbursements, Health and Wellness Programs, the ability to have a voice with our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Council, Career Growth, Work/Life Balance, AND MORE!
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises the BSA function. In addition, this role will recruit, train, and hire experts in BSA, AML, OFAC, and USA Patriot Act Compliance.
Summary: Manage Centier’s BSA/AML Compliance, and OFAC Compliance. This will include annual board training and reporting, as well as managing the bank’s BSA risk assessment. Will interact and assist the bank during regulatory exams, manage SARs and system red flags.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage a strong and effective BSA/AML program
- Ensure that business units are in compliance with all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures.
- Leverage technology to create red flag reports that will enable the bank to identify suspicious activity for AML compliance purposes.
- Manage recommendations and filing of SARs as appropriate within the defined period of time as set forth by the regulation.
- Maintain a requisite knowledge of USA Patriot Act, BSA/AML rules, OFAC requirements, US Treasury and FinCEN reporting requirements.
- Ensure that new products and initiatives of the bank meet BSA/AML regulatory expectations.
- Manage applicable reporting processes including SAR and CTR filings, and OFAC inquiries.
- Oversee testing and assurance of an effective Customer Identification Program (CIP), CDD and EDD.
- Manage the customer due diligence (CDD) process and ensure the operation of an effective customer risk rating process. Manage and develop enhanced due diligence (EDD) strategies for high-risk customers, coordinating account closure recommendations.
- Annually train the Board of Directors on BSA Compliance.
- Ensure that all employees are trained on BSA/AML/OFAC on an annual basis.
- Work effectively with regulators in completion of exams in relation to BSA/AML matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Focus, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are required.
- A demonstrable history of good management, career development, and coaching skills.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and decision effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments and workflow fluctuations.
- Ability to manage and conduct logical investigations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high-volume environment.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Solid understanding of banking or financial business operations and systems.
- College degree required.
- 10+ years’ BSA/AML Compliance experience with a multi-billion-dollar institution.
- 5+ years’ Management experience.
- CAMS certification preferred.
- Proficiency with BSA/AML automated software systems and processes; experience with Verafin BSA/AM software preferred.