Banking Center Manager - Chicago, IL (Chicago Ridge)
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for three consecutive years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Branch Manager in our Chicago, IL (Garfield Ridge) office (6162 South Archer Ave).
Plans, directs, controls and evaluates the operations and sales efforts of the banking center to meet all growth goals. Supervises all banking center functions to ensure a You First Banking experience is made available to all customers and employees at the banking center. This individual must be highly skilled in sales and leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improves Banking Center profitability through increasing sales revenue and client retention. Motivates employees to generate sales by cross-selling and promoting Bank products, while delivering You First customer service.
- Manages, directs and schedules all activities of the Banking Center to ensure that all services are made available to customers in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the protection of all funds, physical assets, and property of the Banking Center.
- Represents the Bank to the community through good customer relations. Calls on and corresponds with customers and local businesses to build solid relationships to generate deposits and loans sufficient to meet the Banking Center's assigned goals.
- Drives business into the Banking Center through a structured calling plan, devoting time each week for researching and calling on prospects and customers.
- Ensures that all Bank policies and procedures are followed and is ultimately responsible for a clean audit.
- Identifies customers that would benefit from investing with our Wealth Management Department.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for Banking Center business volume, deposits, and loans.
- Originates, coordinates, and assists with the closing of consumer loans.
- Understands the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements and the Bank's BSA Policy, Reg CC and CRA.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Able to work banking center hours, including weekends and some evenings.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Reports to the Retail Group Leader.
- Maintains interpersonal relationships with other officers, department managers, and Bank staff to accomplish duties and achieve the goals of the Bank.
- Contacts customers and prospective customers regarding current business activities and opportunities.
- Contacts local community groups and businesses regarding the promotion of the Bank and its products and services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred and three to five years of banking center experience.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development and public relations.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.