The Assistant Sales Manager is responsible for supporting the branch team along with the Sales Manager by insuring proper training, coaching and development of team members of the sales and service process. This position will partner with the Sales Manager to train and develop team members on product and operational knowledge to insure accuracy and efficiency and provide the highest level of member satisfaction. The Assistant Sales Manager will contribute to branch sales by meeting their personal production goals as well as coaching the branch team members to do the same. Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to the position. Must comply with all SAFE Act registration procedures.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible, alongside the Sales Manager, for the achievement of success of the branch through coaching and development, goal allocation and personal contribution.
- Display strong sales and leadership abilities and act as a Sales Manager or Member Consultant when needed.
- Assist with the selection, performance, cross-training, coaching and development, promotion, and termination of staff with the support of the Sales Manager.
- Ensure team members are clear on the expectations of their roles and responsibilities and demonstrate them accordingly.
- Help promote an environment of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, and pride and ownership while holding team members accountable for their actions.
- Understand, help communicate and convey Purdue Federal’s strategic matrix and vision to educate staff on how their contributions make an impact to the organization through consistent communication in branch meetings, coaching and daily meetings.
- Create amicable and productive working relationships with support departments for enhanced service to members and staff
- Act as the branch head of quality assurance in all areas of retail operation in accordance with Purdue Federal policies/procedures and demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations including BSA, CIP, and OFAC
- Promote accuracy and efficiency at all points of member contact by continuous review of processes and systems.
- Contribute to exceeding production goals by identifying and implementing new opportunities to promote products in the branch when needed.
- Help develop in-branch activities and campaigns including outbound call initiatives to generate awareness and sales, as well as participate in external events such as tabling.
- Take ownership of personal leadership and development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or a combination of associates degree with 3 or more years of supervisory experience in a retail or financial setting
- 1-3 years of experience in retail banking
- Must have experience in leading a team in a service or sales environment
- Customer Service Experience
- Competent computer skills
- Proven success in a sales and service environment
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a multitude of tasks
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran