Assistant Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assist in the supervision of branch team.
Summary: The Assistant Branch Manager performs a lead role in helping reach predefined sales goals and deliver on defined service expectations of the Branch. As a key member of the team, they are responsible for identifying prospects, retaining and deepening existing bank client relationships and recommending value-added deposit and loan products and services. The Assistant Branch Manager will manage the experience end to end, by efficiently handling client service needs and new account openings for individual/business clients, identifying and acting on opportunities and making referrals to other lines of business. The Assistant Branch Manager ensures the operational soundness of the branch through completion, training, inspecting and coaching to retail policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies for the Branch to meet or exceed growth goals.
- Develop, implement and lead sales tactics to increase market and wallet share.
- Actively participates in and assists with leading Engagement efforts within the branch per established guidelines.
- Counsel clients by discussing features and benefits of products and services that may meet client needs to ensure the client selects the best product for them. Then act upon need by completing account opening or referral to other business line within the Bank.
- Interview customers, compile consumer loan applications according to lending policies, see application through entire process to closure or denial and properly handle client communication
- Maintain and expand existing customer and business banking relationships.
- Handle and resolve client problems and complaints in a quick and efficient manner either on own or with the assistance of management.
- Ensure Bank policies and standard operational procedures are consistently and uniformly applied throughout the Branch. Work with Retail Operations to assist with Branch questions, concerns, and issues.
- Assist Branch Manager in building strong relationships with clients, among associates, between branches and departments, and with external companies and organizations.
- Assist in operational duties such as: opening and closing the branch, verifying weekly currency shipments, maintaining appearance of branch, assisting associates with balancing their drawers and locating any errors, preparing reports, and balancing the branch ATM and vault.
- Utilize staffing tools to create schedules based on expected branch traffic and volume.
- Oversee the operation of the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Be an ambassador for the Bank; promote the Bank by attending volunteer events, participating on teams and special projects as needed.
- In-store locations perform and oversee PA’s, aisle time, and other promotional activities.
- Assist Branch Manager in the supervision of branch associates daily responsibilities including: scheduling, hiring, terminating, disciplining, conducting performance reviews in a timely manner, and recommending salary increases.
- Assist in the training and development on new branch associates.
- Engage in personal development activities such as CBT courses and internal/external training to assist in career growth.
- Maintain a professional appearance, as outlined in the Dress Code Policy, a professional manner, and a neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Follow the Essentials of Excellence and to exhibit Centier’s Corporate Values in both external and internal interactions
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office products).
- Ability to work through client problems by listening, thinking through all options, and responding appropriately.
- Consultative skills to identify a client’s financial needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work within and develop a team environment
- Availability to work evenings and some weekends
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income, and credit reports
- Ability to interact with business partners such as: Investment Services, Mortgage, and Business Banking sales professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred.
- 1-3 years banking experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Branch book of business (Loans and Deposits) <10 million.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Serves existing clients by counseling them on their financial needs, completing account openings and originating and closing loans.
- Support the Engagement process per established guidelines.