Universal Banker 3
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for four consecutive years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Universal Banker 3 in our Hobart Banking Center.
Provide prompt, efficient and friendly service to ensure a You First Banking experience to all customers and employees. Acknowledges customers' needs with suggestions and referrals of appropriate Bank products and services. Perform all tasks accurately and efficiently while remaining in compliance with the established Bank policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to the Bank's You First Banking brand including engaging customers to determine how we can best meet their banking needs. Answers customer questions and when necessary, seeks the advice of others, always using opportunities to cross-sell other Bank products and services. When applicable, refers customers to appropriate individuals within the bank to best meet needs.
- Assists supervisors in the banking center with calls from other areas of the bank and performs Service Supervisor duties as needed including verifying cash shipments, audits, end of day procedures and assisting others with balancing drawers.
- May have keys, vault combinations and alarm codes and is able to act as a back-up for vault cash counting and balancing.
- Opens new accounts for customers and handles complex inquiries.
- Moves seamlessly through banking centers and adapts easily to meet all needs.
- Processes consumer loan applications and maintains NMLS number.
- Assist Service Supervisor in motivating others to participate in branch and Bank sponsored activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Possess high school diploma or its equivalent
- Prior customer service work experience
- Previous work experience in an environment that focuses on referral of products preferred
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.