Process and document, in a timely and efficient manner, all types of mortgage loans. Requires an understanding of Bank's loan and related system and software applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process loan applications for underwriting; document file accordingly.
- Prepare loan-closing documentation
- Upload new loan data to Bank's computer system
- Miscellaneous tasks, monthly and/or daily; included but not limited to, report review of internally generated reports to insure validity of data; compilation of loan data for government reporting purposes.
- Keep current with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars and training as required.
- Assist in daily operations of department as needed.
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of mortgage loan experience.
- Strong PC skills and ability to use all related business equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- An independent action taker with an ability to work as a team member in a fast paced environment demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures to maintain effective controls.
- Proactive and innovative in process evaluation and improvement.
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance to the residents of Lake and Porter Counties. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for the past six years and a "Best Bank To Work For" for two consecutive years.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.