Residential Loan Processor
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a " Best Bank To Work For" for four consecutive years.
Process and document loan application to verify that data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment. Submit mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval. Communicate effectively with the customer and/or loan originator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process loan applications for underwriting; document file accordingly
- Prepare loan-closing documentation
- Upload new loan data to Bank's computer system
- Miscellaneous tasks, monthly and/or daily; included but not limited to, report review of internally generated reports to insure validity of data; compilation of loan data for government reporting purposes
- Keep current with Bank policies and procedures
- Provide high quality customer service to internal and external customers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years of mortgage loan experience preferred
- Strong PC skills and ability to use all related business equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- An independent action taker with an ability to work as a team member in a fast paced environment demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures to maintain effective controls
- Proactive and innovative in process evaluation and improvement
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.