Mortgage Loan Closer
The Mortgage Loan Closer is responsible for viewing loan approval conditions, insurance policies, title commitments, surveys, sales contracts, and all other related documentation to ensure that the loan will be closed in accordance with all legal requirements and investor guidelines. Authorizing closing of loan, recording of mortgage and disbursement of loan funds. Communicate with Loan Officers, Regional Sales Managers, clients and title companies to coordinate a smooth closing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess the ability to close an array of mortgage loan types while providing excellent internal and external customer service. Verify that Title is free of extraneous liens, Ensure proper vesting and legal description, Adequate Homeowners Insurance is provided, Verify CPL, Verify Flood Certs, Verify Taxes
- Monitor and maintain a pipeline to anticipate estimated closing date.
- Competently review loan files to ensure all conditions are cleared and file is ready to close
- Entry of loan data into the origination system to produce closing documents.
- Review and ensure the loan closing package is accurate, complete and documents meet all applicable agency and investor requirements.
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively communicating with all parties involved in the transaction
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required
- 1 - 3 years of residential mortgage loan closing experience
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of the industry in terms of laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of FHA, VA and conventional guidelines for mortgage loan origination strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of various regulatory guidelines (e.g., Truth-in-Lending, HMDA, RESPA, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work in paperless system environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with effective time management/organizational skills
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.