Mortgage Loan Closer
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and South Chicagoland. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 Banking Centers in Northwest Indiana and 6 Banking Centers in South Chicagoland. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with digital banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance.
The Mortgage Loan Closer is responsible for viewing loan approval conditions, insurance policies, title commitments, surveys, sales contracts, and all other related documentation to ensure that the loan will be closed in accordance with all legal requirements and investor guidelines. Authorizing closing of loan, recording of mortgage and disbursement of loan funds. Communicate with Loan Officers, Regional Sales Managers, clients and title companies to coordinate a smooth closing.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3+ years residential mortgage loan closing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of FHA, VA and conventional guidelines for mortgage loan origination strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of various regulatory guidelines (e.g., Truth-in-Lending, HMDA, RESPA, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work in paperless system environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong attention to detail with effective time management/organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight time constraints with high volume
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-pace, high volume, market driven work environment, while remaining motivated and focused completing repetitive, yet business critical tasks
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner
- Encompass experience preferred
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.