For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Illinois. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provides a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for the past six years and a "Best Bank To Work For" for two consecutive years.
Opens, refers and cross-sells products and services. Performs administrative duties concerning Banking Center operations and assists other office personnel in fulfilling their duties as needed. Assists in supervising all Banking Center functions to ensure that a You First Banking experience is made available to all customers and employees. This individual must be highly skilled in sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively cross-sells all Bank products & services to help achieve Banking Center growth goals.
- Greets and assists customers entering Banking Center. Directs them to appropriate individuals if request is beyond the scope of their responsibilities.
- Provides high quality customer service by smiling and greeting the customer, identifying and satisfying the customer's initial needs and recommending other products or services that meet the customer's needs.
- Assists in supervising teller staff; helps ensure high level of customer service at the teller line in absence of Service Supervisor including balancing the vault.
- Schedules and confirms appointments. Ensures proper handling of telephone communications with Banking Center. Handles information requests concerning products and services.
- Handles loan inquiries, originates and closes consumer loans.
- Screens and logs incoming mail; responds to routine correspondence.
- Compiles data, maintains records and prepares reports for other departments as needed.
- Approves customer's transactions requiring a supervisor approval.
- Identifies customers that would benefit from investing with our Wealth Management Department.
- Follows all procedures for opening new accounts including system requirements and nonpublic personal information (NPI) collection.
- Places proper check holds on customer checks following Reg CC policies.
- Requires proper documentation of CIP and BSA requirements.
- Follows the Bank's security procedures for opening, closing and operating the Banking Center.
- Meets Banking Center standards for referrals and cross-sales.
- Takes an active role and responsibility in making sure that Banking Center staff is cross-selling and promoting Bank products.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Able to work Banking Center hours, including weekends and some evenings.
- Must be able to operate a teller drawer and assume Customer Service Supervisor duties when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of prior banking or retail sales experience highly desirable.
- Prior customer service experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.