Business Banking Assistant
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs of Chicago. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana, Peoples Bank has 16 branches in Northwest Indiana and 6 branches in Illinois. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with electronic banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" for four consecutive years.
This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Banking Officer, (CBO) and the Chief Business Banking Officer, (CBBO) with various administrative duties. They would assist with scheduling meetings, preparing various reports, collecting updated documentation from customers and shepharding a loan request from application to closing. This position will include some direct contact with customers to collect additional information for new and existing loans and assist with inquires. This position may manage other assistants as they are added to the respective Business Banking teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with collecting updated financial information and work with Credit Administration to keep files up to date.
- Collect updated insurance, review overdrafts, prepare financing proposals, and order title work.
- Assist CBO and CBBO with various monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist the CBO with reviewing loan presentations.
- Record minutes at various meetings.
- Perform other duties and assist on special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in Business Banking and Credit preferred
- Strong communication skills and customer service experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong Windows-based PC and software skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams, Zoom, Onboard, etc.)
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.